Be sure to keep these policies in mind as you progress through the University. We want you to have a positive experience!
1. Know what Plagiarism Is: This infographic, created by The Visual Communication Guy, can help you make academically honest decisions when writing papers and completing assignments.
2. Code of Academic Integrity: Make sure you know how it applies to you and all of your school work. Use this tutorial to help!
3. Sexual Misconduct Policy: Review the policy here so that you are informed of how the policy applies to students!
4. Responsible Action Policy: Never fear to take responsible action when a fellow Terp is in need.
5. Off Campus Jurisdiction: The Code of Student Conduct applies to all students both on- and off-campus
6. Living on Campus? The Residence Hall Rules and policies are important to know and understand.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Ask Us Questions Anonymously
The Office of Student Conduct now offers students a safe, anonymous space to ask about the Code of Academic Integrity, the Code of Student Conduct, or any conduct-related questions through our Anonymous Ask. To ask a question fill out the form, found here
with your question and look out for the answer on our Facebook page: Student Conduct at UMD or on the website
Integrity, Character, and Ethics Award
Do you know someone who has exemplified integrity, character, and ethics in their life?
The Integrity, Character, and Ethics Award is a great opportunity to recognize individuals for their contributions to the community.
Nominations are open here
until Friday, April 7th at 5pm.
Faces of Integrity
Integrity, Character, and Ethics Winner
Photo: Emily Butler with Nomninee Cory Ryan
“The Integrity, Character, and Ethics (ICE) Award" recognizes the UMD student who has best exemplified the ideals of integrity, character,
and ethics this academic year. Students, faculty, and staff can submit nominations for any University of Maryland student. Emily is a 2nd year Graduate Student in the School of Education